Friday, February 15, 2008

Getting Soooo Excited


Today is Friday, so happy Friday everybody. Progress is being made on the kitchen cabinets. The installer got the bottom cabinets installed yesterday and now he's working on the top. Maggie is sitting on my lap as she's afraid of the nail gun. It's a little awkward typing with a 13 lb. dog in your arms.

Last night John and I had a couple brewskies at "The Bully" (well, I did anyway), with our friends Bill and Sue who we have known forever and ever and ever and who are so much fun to be with. I wanted to update them on our kitchen. They don't live too far from us and sometimes they will "pop" in to see the progress being made.

I'm meeting my lunch buddies today for lunch at Taco Time as I haven't seen them for awhile. I'm going to post a picture of us at our annual Christmas lunch. We all worked together for many years at the Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR) and most of us had lunch together every day and have developed liftetime friendships. Since I'm retired, I don't see them that much and sure do miss them, as they have become like family to me. Over the years we have helped each other through the bad times and have laughed sooooo much through other times (oh boy, could we tell some great work stories). One thing I know, is we've always been there for each other and always will be.

1 comment:

Basford Family said...

Sounds like fun I have a lunch buddy we like our lunch days too it is a good time to talk and catch up. It's good to have friends like that.