Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Our Parents


We lovingly dedicate this section to our parents.
Sadly, on December 27, John's dad, Bob, passed away at the age of 79. He had been suffering from the effects of diabetes--dad is now in a better place with his beloved Wanda, where he had longed to be for some time. John's mom, Wanda, died of cancer in 2003. Wanda was a warm and wonderful person--I always bragged that I had the best mother-in-law in the world. My dad, John, died at the age of 83 from emphysema. Dad was a fun-loving man with a great love of the outdoors and life itself. I lost my mother (Lucille) back in 1983 to cancer too. Mom was only 61 when she passed away. She was the best mom ever, and I miss her to this day. She was a sweet lady. I've always felt "robbed" of having a mom in my adult years, as she was taken from me when I was only 30. My stepdad, Lorne, died in 1997, he lived in Arizona and was a very adventerous man. Rest in peace moms and dads, we love you and will see you some day. My stepmom, Billie, is still living at the age of 88. She resides in a nursing home in Tacoma and is suffering from an eye disease that causes blindness. I try to see her when I can. Her son resides in Tacoma also.

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

I love tribute's like this I did one too for Grandma and Grandpa too and it made my mama cry. But I feel it's important to make tribute's to the one's we love so much and were so much a part of our lives! Thank you for this we love you. xoxoxo

Rachel Mai said...

The picture you chose is perfect, Aunt Deb. We misses our grandma and grandpa very much...but we luckily still have our parents.

I hope mom and dad are here to see the rest of their grandkids and great-grandkids grow up. That is a true blessing.